Despite how small the world is getting we still don't see the big picture. I know it is important to know how one will drive to work tomorrow in order to get the paycheck which will let one survive in this world. But if all we care about is our small immediate needs, then that is what we will get as a result, we will not be able to see big changes in our society and consequently the world. One should learn to live beyond our small circle and enlarge it to include the community, the state, the country and finally the whole globe.
I don't think it is liberal to think that I should:
- try to use alternative sources of energy.
- try and help my neighbor in times of need.
- try to make this world a better place for everyone.
- help the lower income group become more independant and less dependant on the government.
- penalize anyone who is different from me - in ethnicity, religion or the choices they make.
- respect one and all for who they are.